There is a high demand for Defender parts for restoration projects as once finished they are achieving hefty price tags. These restorations cannot get finished without parts and people are going to great lengths to get the parts they need – not always the lawful way!
Secondhand doors can fetch hundreds of pounds and you will be surprised how easy it is to remove Defender doors from a locked vehicle, from the outside without the need for any special tools. The hinge bolts can be removed from the outside and the door jiggled out in a matter of minutes.
Protect your Defender doors in just 30 minutes!
These precision made 2mm stainless steel security guards are easy to fit and can protect your doors from theft. The security plates fit inside of each hinge point, restricting outward movement of the door with the bulkhead bolts removed. Fitting the Hinge Guards is incredibly easy with comprehensive fitting instructions supplied.
Each security hinge door kit can be easily fitted in 20-30 minutes. After installation, only the top of each plate can be seen, providing an unobtrusive modification and deterrent to would-be thieves.
- Notched upper guard – fits neatly around the dash padding without compromising security.
- Custom folds – each plate has a carefully measured very small offset to allow it to close around the door frame without tearing the door seal.
- High-Grade 304 Stainless Steel – 2mm thick: thin enough to fit unobtrusively, more than thick enough to protect your hinges.
- Individually profiled – lower and rear hinges profiled for a perfect fit across all variants.
- Available in 2 door or 4 door kits
- Suitable for ALL Defender 90, 110 and 130 models of all years.
See how effective the door security hinge plates are by watching this YouTube video:
Have your experienced Land Rover parts theft? Let us know in the comments below